Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I just can't seem to sleep in hotels. So I decided to work on a picture tonight instead. These are some aspens along the trail to Oliver Peak, near Victor Idaho.

You might notice I'm trying something new today. Rather than upload this photo to blogger, I've put it on deviantart.com, who most graciously store it at whatever resolution I send them, rather than capriciously whacking it down to 1600 pixels on a side. So, if one can download this and see it at its native resolution, I can begin posting some wallpaper-scale stuff, as has been requested. These aspen are 1920x1200 pixels, just right for a wide-aspect monitor on its side.

.

1 comment:

scraps said...

This reminded me of the house on Lacy Lane. I don't know if you remember it, I only barely do. But one of the clearest memories is back yard area. It had these basket chairs on a patio (my impression is it was concrete). At the edge of the yard, looking out were a stand of these trees. I can remember Grandpa was there. I was impressed at how the bark peeled.